Submission Deadline: 10 February 2023, at 11:59 p.m. EST
We seek a varied suite of proposals for roundtable discussions at the 2023 joint meeting of the American Ornithological Society (AOS) and the Society of Canadian Ornithologists–Société des ornithologistes du Canada (SCO–SOC), to be held in London, Ontario, 8–12 August 2023. Proposals should address timely topics highlighting exciting advances in ornithological research, management, education, and conservation. Our aim is to provide opportunities of interest to a wide audience, from agency staff to early-career ornithologists, across the Americas and around the world.
Roundtables are a forum for panel discussions and interactive polling of participants centred around current or emerging issues and their future directions; alternatively, they can be used as a venue to gather information for generating planning documents, or to share information broadly. Any subjects of broad interest in ornithology are welcome. Roundtable discussions are typically scheduled for 1-2 hours during the early afternoon or early evenings. Symposia organizers may additionally be interested in roundtable sessions for further topical discussions; where possible, symposia-related roundtables would be scheduled on the same day. Roundtable organizers and panelists are expected to make their own travel arrangements and pay full conference registration.
Instructions for submitting proposals
Proposals for roundtable discussions will include:
- name, affiliation, and contact information of organizer(s)
- abstract (< 1,500 characters; please highlight the desired outcome of the discussion)
- a one-sentence session summary (< 300 characters)
- names and affiliations of confirmed panelists (proposals with confirmed panelists will be more likely to be accepted than those without)
- statement of how the slate of panelists includes diverse perspectives and voices
- target audience
- proposed duration (1–2 hours)
- range of desired dates (9–12 August)
All proposals for roundtable discussions must be received by 10 February 2023.
Send questions to Emily Cohen, Steve Dinsmore, and Erica Nol, co-chairs of the Scientific Program Committee (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject AOS & SCO–SOC 2023 Roundtable.
Proposals for roundtable discussions must be submitted through the online AOS Member Portal. You will need to create a free account on the Member Portal if you do not already have one.
Please note that the roundtable submission portal is in English. If English is not your primary language, the following documents and online language translation tools may be helpful:
- Spanish translation of the submission questions (available soon).
- French translation of the submission questions (available soon).
- Traducción al español de las preguntas de presentación (disponible en breve).
- Traduction française des questions de soumission (bientôt disponible).
- Google Translate