The submission deadline has passed.
We seek a varied suite of proposals for workshops and training opportunities at the 2021 joint meeting of the American Ornithological Society and the Society of Canadian Ornithologists–Société de Ornithologistes du Canada (AOS & SCO-SOC 2021 Virtual Meeting). We aim to provide workshops and training opportunities that cover a wide range of timely topics highlighting exciting advances in ornithological research, management, education, and conservation, and will be of interest to a wide audience, from agency staff to young ornithologists. All workshops and training opportunities will be delivered live as either Zoom Meetings or Zoom Webinars (depending on the number of registered attendees and organizer preference) via the conference’s online platform.
Workshops are hands-on learning exercises where participants engage in a mix of lectures and exercises, and leave with some new skill or knowledge set, typically related to analytical software or emerging ornithological techniques.
Training opportunities are either lecture-based or involve a discussion panel, where the emphasis is more on the transfer of knowledge and less on hands-on training, and targeted towards larger audiences.
All workshops and training opportunities will take place 2–6 August 2021 — the week preceding the AOS & SCO-SOC 2021 Virtual Meeting. Given the virtual online platform, timing and duration is flexible, and may range from a single 90-minute session to multiple sessions that span several days. Organizers are encouraged, however, to limit the duration of any single virtual session to two hours or less. Advance registration is required for participation in all workshops and training opportunities.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS
Proposals will include:
- title of workshop or training opportunity
- name and affiliation of instructor(s)
- a one-sentence summary of objectives (< 50 words)
- overview of the workshop or training opportunity (< 250 words)
- brief statement of instructor expertise on the proposed topic
- preferred number of virtual participants (min, max)
- target audience
- preferred format if known (Zoom Meeting [limited to < 300 participants] or Zoom Webinar; a side-by-side comparison of the two formats can be found here)
- proposed dates, times, and duration during week of 2–6 August 2021
All proposals for workshops and training opportunities must be received by 15 March 2021.
Send questions to Evan Adams (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) of the AOS & SCO-SOC 2021 Meeting Scientific Program Committee, with the subject AOS & SCO-SOC 2021 Workshop.
The proposal submission deadline has passed.